Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Taking The Positives Leaving The Negatives


To my astonishment, after concluding our last 3 day match against Barbados Youth, a game we perceived as highly attainable with nothing less than maximum points, regrettably resulted in defeat. Moreover, we solely mustered 7 points from the game. On a congratulatory note, both teams exhibited an exceptional performance and fought to the finish.

Now onto the highlights of the game:

Our first innings total was our lowest for the season despite winning the toss and positioning the young lads in the field. 190 all out on a slowish wicket and with an outfield that would be perfect for the rough on any golf field. With the experience in our batting line up, we should have done better. Our skipper Ian was probably the only one who adjusted well to the conditions with a well played 41.

It was a bit unfortunate for me, after being run out on 2 at the non strikes end after a ball being drove back by Diego Stuart, taking a hand from the bowler and hitting the stump with me about 3 feet out the crease. What a devastating way to go!

On the other hand, indubitable effort from our bowlers put us back in the game on the end of day 2, dismissing the school boys with a modest 176, giving us a lead of approximately 14, if my calculation is accurate. What more could we possibly do? The obvious! Aim to score as quickly as possible on the morning of the final day to give the lads an unreachable total to chase, while simultaneously giving our inexperienced bowlers time to take wickets.

Ian assured me that I will be going to the top! Maybe he saw something I didn’t. With my T20 strike rate this season failing to reach anywhere close to 100 in an innings thus far, you would've thought a guy like Diego would qualify for that job after being known for doing well in terms of giving it a good quick whack!

Those who know me personally can attest that I will always strive in any situation to come out on the top, so said so done! I made an unbeaten 89 from 65 balls. With some great support from our former skipper Renaldo Arthur who was there with me at our declaration just before tea with 48 to his name. Although many stated that Ian should've given us at least one more over to reach our milestone, it doesn't bother me one bit, I'll get it in my next innings!

180 to win in about 40 overs. To end what was a good run chase by the Youth team, young Roshon Primus played well for a stroke filled 82, keeping his side always in a good change in doing the unexpected.

It all ended in the 40th over 182 for 7, with a six that would've made Chris Gayle or Kieron Pollard proud of Jamaine Profit, maybe he saw it happening aforementioned.. see what I've done there?

On that note, we've got some work to do now in preparation for our next game against BCL at home. With all delight, I achieved my first decent score for the year and will build on that foundation. So expect some good news this weekend and what a better way to do it playing on home grounds.

Thanks to all for the good support and faith in me, until next write stay safe. One Love!"
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment